Monday, March 11, 2013

Two months of Luciana

Luciana turned two months old on her aunt's birthday, March 9.

Here are her accomplishments so far:

She is growing! She was born at 5 pounds 6 ounces and almost 19 inches long. She dropped to 4 pounds 13 ounces. At three weeks she had regained to 5 pounds 7 ounces. At six weeks she weighed in around 6.5 pounds. At her doctor visit this week she was up to 7 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long! She has outgrown her preemie clothes and some of her newborn clothes because of her length. She no longer kicks off her newborn pants in a matter of moments after putting them on because they are too big. She's still off the charts small but she seems so big to us!



She is getting quite good at holding her head up. The doctor said she was unusually strong and tested her neck strength several times to marvel at it. She also loves to practice standing with her strong legs.




She goes potty on demand. Or so it seems. (More on that later.)




She smiles. Beautiful wonderful little smiles. Tonight I had my hand on her chest while she was falling asleep. All of a sudden I noticed her chest was rising and falling unusually fast. I paid extra attention just in case she was having trouble. Then she smiled and softly vocalized with the rapid breath and I realized it was dreamy laughter! We're looking forward to more of those giggles. She also makes very serious faces and gets little worry lines on her nose and forehead. (She gets that from her mama.)





She goes to work at the church with me three days a week and spends most of the time there in my Moby wrap. On Sunday mornings, she sleeps comfortably through all the musical parts of the service and wakes up crying wanting to eat during the sermon. (Typical.)





This is her favorite place to sleep.




Night times are still tricky. She often likes to be awake at night. She doesn't much like the bed we have for her. She is getting a bit of reflux that many babies get around this age, so some nights (like last night) she is quite uncomfortable lying down, and the only way for her (and me) to get any sleep is for her to sleep on my chest. I don't mind sitting up with her until she feels comfy enough to fall asleep though. That's what I'm here for right now.

Her most exciting moment this month was meeting Granddaddy. I'd been looking forward to his visit ever since she was born! It was a wonderful weekend!



Happy two months, Luz.




Two months of motherhood. I'm still getting used to it.





2 comments:

  1. How are you making these beautiful photo collages? Love! I'm enjoying reading so much, that I want you to keep writing, even if I am your audience of one in Mom's place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these using Picasa. It's easy to use but you can't do much customizing of the collages. I'm so glad you're reading! :)

    ReplyDelete